Ever thought about changing your IMEI number, but don’t know where to start and how to do this? Then, you’ve landed on the right page. In this blog post, we are gonna reveal the step by step guide on how to change IMEI number in android without any hassles. But, before that, you need to understand the term IMEI and what role he performs on your device? So, without wasting any more time, let’s dive into it.
How to Change IMEI Number in Android
What is an IMEI Number?
International Mobile Equipment Identity primarily known as IMEI, is a unique number which is assigned to each and every mobile device. It’s a 15 digit numerical value which can be found under your mobile phone battery.
This number is very important in case whenever your phone is lost or used by someone else. Using this 15 digits unique number, you can track your device which is a very helpful tactic used by forces to find lost or stolen mobile phones or electronic devices.
Why Should You Change Your IMEI Number?
If IMEI number is that much important for your device, then why should you change it? Is it safe to change IMEI number? I know there are a lot of questions which may be popping on your mind.
So, let me clarify that for you. Sometimes, there may be some apps which may ask your IMEI number to authenticate your device and if you uninstall the app mistakenly, then you won’t be able to use that app again on the same IMEI number. In that case, you need to change your IMEI number. Also, Changing your IMEI number is completely safe.
Also Read: Best Game Hacker Apps for Android
Things Needed to Change Your IMEI Number
- A Rooted Smartphone
- Xposed Installer (Download Here)
- IMEI Number Changer App (Download Here)
- A Working Internet Connection
Also Read: Wifi Password Recovery No Root Latest Guide
How to Change IMEI Number | Root
- Dial *#6# on your dial-pad and copy your original IMEI number.
- Launch the Xposed installer and navigate to modules and tick mark on the IMEI changer app.
- Restart your device.
- After that, launch the IMEI number changer app and you can see your original IMEI number in the current IMEI number option.
- You can change your IMEI number by just clicking on the New IMEI Number option.
- Just enter any numbers in the “New IMEI number” field and click on Apply.
- Restart your device and then your device IMEI number will be changed.
- You can also confirm by dialing *#6# on your device.
How to Change IMEI Number | No Root?
If you don’t have a rooted device, then this is the method which you can use to change the IMEI number. Following are the steps that can be used to change IMEI number:
- Click here to download the Mobile Uncle App on your device.
- Once it’s downloaded, then install it on your phone.
- Launch it and then go to Engineer>Engineer Mode (MTK) option.
- Once you are there, navigate to CDS information and click on it.
- Find and click on Radio Information and then select “Phone 2” option.
- In the Phone 2 option, you will see a new option AT+
- You just need to replace the AT+ option with AT+15 digit New IMEI number.
- Click on “Send At Command” option and then your IMEI number will be changed.
- Reboot your device and dial *#6# in case you want to confirm the IMEI number.
Now, you have all the information on how to change IMEI number on a rooted device and non-rooted device. I hope this guide helped you to change IMEI number. If you found this helpful, then share it with your friends who are looking for the same content. Also, if you have any doubts, then feel free to ask us in the comment section below.